Wed, 10 Jan|
Brighton and Hove
ALPB First Aid Awareness
Come along to our first aid awareness session run by St John ambulance both in person and virtual.
Time & Location
10 Jan 2024, 13:00 – 11 Jan 2024, 14:30
Brighton and Hove, North Rd, Brighton and Hove, Brighton BN1 1YD, UK
About the event
Come along either to the Brighthelm Centre or join us on Zoom on Wednesday 10th January 2023, to go over some first aid with us and St John's Ambulance.
The address for the Brighthelm Centre is North Road, Brighton, BN11YD.
Things we will cover -
- Everyday First Aid awareness which considers:
- The approach and response to an emergency situation
- Identifying and responding to a casualty that is unresponsive using DRABC (including recovery position)
- Identifying and responding to a casualty that is choking
- Identifying and responding to a casualty with minor and major bleeds
- Understanding how to help a casualty suffering from shock
- Recognising and respond to a casualty who has a minor burn or scald
- Emergency First Aid awareness(including choking and bleeding), as above but including:
- Identifying a casualty that is unresponsive and not breathing
- The skills to give Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The knowledge of how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)